Search

Search

Texts in foreign language: English, German, Russian, French Services and facilities: Parking

The chateau in Jilemnice originates from the 16th century; it was built by the Křinecký family of Ronov.

Then the property was inherited by the Harants of Polžice and Bezdružice. In 1701 the chateau was bought by the active noble family of Harrach, who enlarged the chateau (1714, 1895) and gave it its present look. During the Second World War their assets were confiscated and after the war the building and the lands were in the possession of Czechoslovak authorities. At present, the chateau is the residence of the Krkonoše Museum that was founded by Jáchym Metelka, the Director of the Girls' School, and Jan Buchar, a teacher (the exhibits come from the collections for the Czechoslovak Ethnographic Exhibition in 1891.

The museum displays rarities, such as Metelka's mechanical sound crib (1883 - 1913) or the finest linen yarn in the world. There are magnificent fully grown trees in the adjacent park, including a robust linden tree aged 250 years, the oldest tree in the town. Opposite the main gate to the park, there is a monument dedicated to František Pošepný, the world-famous geologist. The main entrance into the park is from Kostelní Street.

Expositions: Historic- ethnographic expositions, the history of Czech skiing, reminders of the noble Harrach family, a crib collection, a set of funeral guild-related signs, Kaván Gallery.

MonthDayTimeSymptom
July - August Tu - Su 8:00 - 12:00 open
September - June Tu - Su 8:00 - 12:00 open
13:00 - 17:00 open
13:00 - 16:00 open

Entrance fee

Full entrance fee:80,00 CZK
Family entrance fee:180,00 CZK
Children's tickets:40,00 CZK
Student admission:40,00 CZK
Senior admission:40,00 CZK
 
cesky rajliberecky krajkralovehradecky krajstredocesky krajlogoGPCRgreen wayCzechRepubliclogo
 
load