Search

Search

Castles and Castle Ruins: Castle Ruins

Hamr na Jezere

Hamr na Jezeře, 471 28

The Royal castle was obviously founded at the locality of a previous fortress in the middle of the 13th century. King Wenceslas II gave it to Jan of Michalovice in 1283.

During the 1359 - 1516 period it was (with several breaks) in the possession of the noble family from nearby Stráž (Vartemberk). Then it was purchased by the Biberštejn family who had it renovated. In 1645 it was damaged and burnt by Swedish troops, which is the end of its history.

Locality: 3 km from Hamr na Jezeře.

 
cesky rajliberecky krajkralovehradecky krajstredocesky krajlogoGPCRgreen wayCzechRepubliclogo
 
load