Search

Search

Church and Statuary of St. Linhart, Hlavice

Sacrial Monuments: Church

Hlavice

Hlavice, 463 48

This single-nave Late Baroque church originated in the mid-18th century. It has a little tower with belfry, which is now covered by wooden shingles.

Adjacent to the church is a single-storey rectory and in the foreground stands a valuable Statuary of St. Linhart from the period around 1740. Four farm animals at the feet of the saint symbolise ancient processions. The church in Hlavice used to be a famous pilgrimage site where pilgrims with their livestock gathered to ward off animal plague. The tradition of pilgrimages in Hlavice is maintained to this day, every year always at the end of August. The church is surrounded by beautiful linden trees hundreds of years old.


 
cesky rajliberecky krajkralovehradecky krajstredocesky krajlogoGPCRgreen wayCzechRepubliclogo
 
load