Search

Search

Church of St. Barbara, Zahrádky

Sacrial Monuments: Church

Zahradky

Zahrádky, 471 01

St. Barbara`s Church is situated south-east of Zahrádky.

The original Renaissance-style building with the ground plan of a Latin cross was created around 1550. Later it received Baroque-style adjustments. The church houses the sepulchre of the Kounic family. The nearby belfry bears the date of 1609 above the portal. The church is surrounded by a cemetery whose stairs are guarded by Baroque statues of St. Václav and St. Prokop from the early 18th century and a nearby statue of Jude the Apostle from the same period. The church is the only remnant of the village of Mnichov, which perished during the Thirty Years War.

 
cesky rajliberecky krajkralovehradecky krajstredocesky krajlogoGPCRgreen wayCzechRepubliclogo
 
load